Posted by: Loren Coleman on August 19th, 2012
The Carter Farm: A Road Less Traveled – A Mediation on the Images and Sketches
The Carter Farm location in photos
The Carter Farm encounters in drawings.
1. The first meeting of seven year old Janice with the 28 year old Bigfoot Fox in 1972. Her grandfather Robert Carter defended her that time.
2. Fox’s mate Sheba with children, as Janice observed them in 1973.
3. The battle of Fox with a stranger Bigfoot. His small (3-4 year old) son Blacky helping him. The same 1973.
4. The grandfather teaching Fox to cook marshmallow on fire.
5. Fox cooking marshmallow himself.
1. Janice meeting Fox in the house’s basement, April 2002.
2 (color). Janice pulling out hair from Fox’s hand when giving him some garlic. March 2004. This montage made by Lidia having used Igor’s photograph of Janice with Igor as a Bigfoot. She was standing in the same dress and position as then. After the first attempt of drawing Janice corrected several times some details until Lidia achieved similarity.
3. Lidia’s congratulation to Igor on his birthday of 2004. She drew my dream – to have an interview with Fox.
4. The case with occasional killing of gul’bi-yavan – Tajik name of wild man – in 1925 on the Pamir mountains. The case was described to the Commission of the Academy of Sciences by KGB General Michael Topilski
5. The military doctor Vazgen Karapetyan checking up a captured captar – the local name of wild man – in Daghestan, Caucases, in 1941, during the war. He also gave the information about the case to the same Commission.
6. The case of capturing a wild man and keeping him in the automobile luggage compartment by four guards of an apple garden near town of Saratov, 1989. After several hours they let him ran away because of strong bad smell of him.